At Antigo Veterinary Clinic, we have state-of-the art laboratory equipment which allows us to provide point-of-care testing when your pet is sick, with results being available typically in less than an hour. Our in-clinic laboratory services include:
- Hematology analysis – our hematology analyzer performs CBC (complete blood cell counts) in a matter of minutes. This allows us to look for problems such as anemia (low red blood cells), changes in white blood counts and platelets.
- Blood chemistry analysis – liver and kidney enzymes, blood sugar, calcium and phosphorus, blood proteins, electrolytes, and pancreatic enzyme tests can be run on this analyzer typically with results in 30 minutes or less.
- Thyroid and Cortisol testing – our analyzers are able to test T4 and TSH level as well as cortisol, which allows us to check for thyroid and adrenal gland diseases.
- Coagulation Testing – our PT/PTT analyzer allows us to determine levels of clotting factors, which is important in the diagnosis of clotting disorders as seen with certain cases of rat poisoning, and organ failure
- Microscopy – microscopic evaluation of samples from skin, ears, blood, urine and tumors can be done in our lab, assisting with the rapid diagnosis of dermatologic conditions, blood disorders and urinary infections.
For non-routine tests, we use a reference laboratory; typically turn-around time on most tests is within 2-3 business days.